I am obsessed with this French Cousin of the classic American Grilled Cheese sandwich. I even ate mine with creamy tomato soup! So yum and perfect for cooler weather!! 🍞❤️🧀
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 cup Aged Cheddar or Gruyere
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 thick slices of bread (French,sourdough)
1 thick slice good quality ham.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grate the cheese and mix it with cream and nutmeg.
- Slice the bread and top each slice with half of the cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a buttered baking dish.
- Top one of the bread slices with ham and sand which bread together finishing with the cheese side up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.